Posted November 2019
Join our team in Washington, DC. Support ethical brands and elevate the impact of Fairtrade with shoppers and businesses to create a more equitable world!
At Fairtrade America you will work on behalf of one of the most cutting-edge models for change. Fairtrade America is the independent, non-profit organization behind the Fairtrade Mark, a product label assuring consumers that their purchase helps farmers and workers in the Global South get a better deal. Fairtrade America works directly with companies, consumers and campaigners to secure a better deal for farmers and workers who grow products we love like coffee, cocoa and bananas. Fairtrade is a global movement for change. We believe change comes from building meaningful partnerships from the farm to the business to you. By working together, we can do more for communities around the world.
The Licensing and Impact Coordinator is a talented, passionate, and detail-oriented professional who will work to ensure Fairtrade products comply with the Fairtrade standards to support the organization’s mission.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide clients through the licensing process, supporting them through our online database and ensure all licensing contracts are processed correctly
- Process new product applications in our online database by reviewing supply chain data, recipes, exceptions process, and artwork approvals
- Client purchase and sales reporting evaluation, analysis and processing
- Train licensees in use of web-based reporting system
- Investigate illegitimate Fairtrade certified claims and trademark infringement to ensure integrity of the system and protection of the Fairtrade trademarks
- Liaise with Licensing colleagues around the world to support US brands and retailers
- Collect and funnel impact data from Fairtrade International and the Producer Networks to other parts of the team
- Stay apprised of system-wide projects and be a conduit to the rest of the team on potential sources of data, storytelling resources and producer initiatives
- Oversee Fairtrade America’s KPI and ASF reporting process to Fairtrade International, including collecting, analyzing and validating data
Position may require work on holidays, evenings, or weekends and compensatory time may be offered. There may be travel and other duties or responsibilities assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in office management, IT, or auditing
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Salesforce experience desired
- Attention to detail is critical
- Fluent in English, oral and written, a minimum requirement
- Flexible, creative team player willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done
Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package including 401K matched contributions, 15 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, parental leave, work from home ability and more.
To apply send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest. Fairtrade America is an equal opportunity employer.