Posted October 2019
Join our team in Washington, DC. Communicate online with shoppers and businesses to make trade fair.
At Fairtrade America you will work on behalf of one of the most cutting-edge models for change. Fairtrade America is the independent, non-profit organization behind the Fairtrade Mark, a product label assuring consumers that their purchase helps farmers and workers in the Global South secure a better deal. Fairtrade America works directly with companies, consumers and campaigners to secure a better deal for farmers and workers who grow products we love like coffee, cocoa and bananas. Fairtrade is a global movement for change. We believe change comes from building meaningful partnerships from the farm to the business to you. By working together, we can do more for communities around the world.
The Marketing Coordinator is a talented, passionate, and curious professional who supports Fairtrade America’s efforts to increase awareness and business to ensure that the 1.6 million farmers we work with globally are getting a fair deal.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage event logistics from trade shows to origin trips to grassroots community events
- Assist with marketing and business development initiatives as needed like commissioning and ordering collateral, drafting outreach language, Salesforce data entry, etc.
- Build and support Fairtrade Ambassadors program to increase the volume about Fairtrade in the US through digital activism, in-a-box events, and collective action
- Provide critical support to campaigns large and small – World Fair Trade Day, Fair Trade Month, collaborations with brands and retailers, etc.
- Seek out impactful and cost-effective ways to expand the reach of Fairtrade to more people
- Explore new and evolving ways to leverage Fairtrade’s USP – our Mark appearing on thousands of products around the world
- Foster and develop relationships with relevant international, national, and local partners with the aim of identifying opportunities to collaborate, leverage resources, and amplify campaigns with common goals and objectives
- Work collaboratively with National Fairtrade Organizations internationally in achieving campaign goals and ensuring movement strategies are aligned
- Detail oriented and collaborative approach to collateral creation
- Designing graphics, materials, training and educational tools, etc. as required
- Managing external agencies and consultants as required
- Managing budgets, helping us get the most bang for our buck
- Reporting ROI and KPIs
Position may require work on holidays, evenings, or weekends mainly around trade shows or events and compensatory time may be offered. There may be travel and other duties or responsibilities assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing non-profit awareness campaigns
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with an emphasis on execution
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Flexible, creative team player willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done
- Salesforce experience desired
- Knowledge and commitment to Fairtrade desired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package including 401K matched contributions, 15 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, parental leave, work from home ability and more.
To apply, send salary expectations, resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest. Fairtrade America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.