Every day we make choices that can have big impacts – how do we decide what’s fair? Join us in celebrating Fair Trade Month and see how you stack up.
What’s fair to you? Do you make a fuss when someone cuts in line? Do you give up your seat for the elderly gentleman at the dentist office? Your everyday choices have impacts – choices like the chocolate you eat, the clothes you wear, or the coffee you choose. Fairtrade is one small way you can make a positive impact.
This month, we're calling on people like you to consider how fair you are in everyday situations. Check out the Fairness Test, learn more about people near and far who are championing fairness and find out what you can do.
When you take the quiz, you'll see how your state stacks up against others. Do you live in the fairest state? Or are you a shining beacon in a sea of transgression.
What is Fair Trade Month?
Fair Trade Month is a national celebration of fair trade as a contributor to the global fight against poverty, climate change and economic crises. It’s an opportunity to learn more and share why fair trade exists – to improve the lives of farmers and workers and do business better.
During Fair Trade Month Fairtrade America will hold a number of events, contests and more to promote fair trade ideals. We work with community groups, NGOs, local cooperatives, congregations and students, acknowledging the power in each of us to make lasting change for a fairer global economic system.
We invite you to take part.
8 Ways You Can Celebrate Fair Trade Month:
- Get our Fair Trade Promo Kit - email Mary to request a pack for your organization or event.
- The Power of you! – Host an event! Get your friends, classmates, or co-workers involved! Anything from a Fairtrade coffee and chocolate break to a movie night with a Fairtrade film, like this one.
- The Power of your business – Fair Trade Month is a great time for retailers & businesses to share your distinct Fairtrade story with customers. Here are some pointers to communicate your commitment to ethical sourcing.
- #FairtradeChat - Join our Twitter Chat on October 11th at 2-3pm ET. Engage with the brands that make your favorite Fairtrade Certified products, NGOs supporting farmers, the environment and sustainability and people who have questions just like you. Click to tweet this now.
- Enter our prize competitions - Lots of your favorite Fairtrade products are up for grabs in our Fair Trade Month Contests.
- Look for the FAIRTRADE Mark - Find out if your favorite brand has Fairtrade Certified products. If not, ask them to go Fairtrade!
- Join the conversation - Use the hashtag #FairestState on Twitter and Instagram.
- Heads up for Halloween - Watch how Fairtrade in the Cote d'Ivoire has impacted the lives of cocoa farmers and then look for Fairtrade treats like gum, chocolates and cookies here.