The Power of You on World Fair Trade Day
Every one of us has the power to change the world and make trade fairer - one purchase at a time. This year, celebrate World Fair Trade Day (May 10) by increasing your commitment to buy Fairtrade goods, and help us spread the word through our new global campaign, The Power of You.
Use hashtags #WorldFairTradeDay and #PowerofYou and be sure to mention @FairtradeMarkUS
Smallholder farmers grow 70 percent of the world’s food, yet they represent half of the world’s hungriest people. Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world. Click to learn more.
Every day when you choose the coffee or tea you drink, or chocolate, sugar, bananas, flowers and dozens of other products you enjoy, you have a chance to make a difference for small-scale farmers and workers around the world. Click here for a list of brands that carry the Fairtrade label.
Take Action to Support Fairtrade
- Download and share these #PowerOfYou graphics on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with the hashtag #PowerOfYou
- Sign up for our newsletter using the subscribe link in the left hand column
- Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter
- Order free printed materials including educational flyers and the stickers you see below
- Join our World Fair Trade Day Contest, launching on Facebook May 10, World Fair Trade Day! Enter every day for 12 days for chances to win delicious prizes from 12 of our wonderful Fairtade partners. Get a preview here!